Saturday, July 25, 2009

Closet Organization

Let me start off with encouraging you all to clean out your closets. It is quite invigorating. You get to make a pile of stuff you need to mend, you need to get rid of, and a pile to keep. Organize the pile to keep. Make sure that you do a legit job because if you do not then you will end up doing this whole process again. SO... do it right. My sister stayed up all night and ironed her closet. While this does sound crazy it is actually very smart. DO Not Do it in the middle of the night though unless you cannot sleep. Organize it in any way you can. Most of the people I knkow color coordinate it. I on the otherhand have an unofficial order system. I put my clothes that I wear in the spot closest to me. That I do not have to go fishing through my entire closet for my favorite shirt.

With the pile you want to get rid of you should Garage Sale it first. I did this on Saturday and recieved $26, that is not even including what the rest of my family got. I just put out my old clothes that do not fit me anymore. You could also give them to friends or family. If you are not comfortable with that I do not blame you. You can always do a consignment store. Last but most charitable, you can donate it. Check to see if there is a goodwill or D.I. around that way you can clean out your closet and feel good about it instead of remorseful.

If you do not know whether to dump it. Watch it for a month if it is still in the back of your closet and you do not wear it then get rid of it. If you still do not want to part with it put it in a keepsake box. It is better to not sell something you are unsure about then to feel sad when you do sell/give it.
Always remember, tossing gets more room for new clothes. and if you sell it... more money too.


Kiss Kiss,
Kacie

No comments:

Post a Comment